Big Island Pond

Big Island Pond

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Introduction

Less than a year from now I am going to marry my best friend.
Less than a year from now I am going to commit my life and my heart to the only person who's ever really understood me.
Less than a year from now I am going to vow to honor, cherish, obey, and love the only man I've ever given my entire heart to.
I am not perfect, he is not perfect - we are, however, perfect for each other.
I never thought I'd meet a man who would bring me pizza instead of flowers. I never thought I'd fall for someone who'd already been married 3 (yes THREE!!!!) times.
I stopped believing in fairy tales a long time ago. I stopped believing in soul mates a while after that. I stopped believing in true love about 8 years ago. I stopped believing in love altogether shortly after.
He has shown me that love is real - sometimes you just have to look in unexpected places to find it. He has shown me that true love is absolutely possible, if you let your guards and your walls down. He has shown me what a real soul mate and a real best friend is - we are without a doubt two halves of a larger whole. He has shown me that even though fairy tales are just stories, I am worthy of feeling like a princess.
And at the end of the day, what girl doesn't want to be treated like a princess?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Perfect title, too. Please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tHIS IS A GREAT BLOG HUN. kEEP 'EM COMING & i LOVE THE PICTURE OF WHERE U LIVE IT IS GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete